On St. Patrick’s Day, Everyone is Irish. Even xtra xtra!
Here are some interesting facts about St. Patrick’s Day. Share your trivia in a comment below!
- St. Patrick is known as the patron saint of Ireland, and he founded over 165 churches.
- The first St. Patricks’ Day parade took place in New York City in 1762 as Irish soldiers in the English military marched through the city.
- The New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade the world ‘s oldest civilian parade and the largest in the United States, with over 150,000 participants.
- Last year, nearly one million people participated in St. Patrick’s Day festivities in Dublin.
- Over 40 pounds of green vegetable dye are poured into the Chicago River to give it the shamrock-green tint.
- More than 40% of Americans—including President Obama—can trace their family histories to Irish roots.
- If there’s not a rainbow to be found, legend has it that you can find a leprechaun by following the sound of his shoemaker’s hammer. Stories say that leprechauns apparently enjoy making shoes in their spare time.
And if you really want to be “green”….
Create a milestone at xtra xtra! Our paperless announcements are friendly to theenvironment, and it takes only a few moments to share a story with your community. Remember to post your St. Patrick’s Day pictures in our Local Photos section, and have a great time celebrating this fun holiday!
Til next time,
The xtra xtra team
Leave a Reply
- No Comments